All 85 art Reviews

The Sound of Dancing Flames The Sound of Dancing Flames

Lighting, shading, line art, color choices... everything comes together to make a fine piece of art. Just one glance and I already feel like this is a scene that I am really witnessing, and not just a still image. Awesome.

Doubleflight Doubleflight

I love it. I don't know what's going on, but I feel drawn into the world of this image.

Lonelyland Lonelyland

Lovelyland.

BenjaminTibbetts responds:

Thankyouland.

Oh no, the raft! Oh no, the raft!

Visually confusing but nice stormy tone and activity. Emotions have been evoked.

Scientist Scientist

The face of MADNESS.

Planetcrusher Planetcrusher

That... is terrifying. Emotional impact? Check.

Kamikaye responds:

Thanks ! :D

Distant World Distant World

I'm a fan.

The grey trees and green sky help create a surreal atmosphere.

The image is consistent in its simplicity, except that the sky has a smooth gradient instead of stepped tones like everything else. I don't think this would normally bother me, but the way the gradient "interacts" with the similarly-colored clouds causes a strange effect that breaks the mellowness of the image. I may be the only human who feels this way, though. Grin.

Fubaka responds:

Hmm.

It wouldn't be too hard to make a cel-shaded sky, but I like the way it looks now.

Still I will give it a try and see if I like it any better that way.

Butterfly Jar Butterfly Jar

I love it. The whole image. The wood. The jar lid. All of it.

Also, I want a butterfly that glows.

Phoenix's Warmth Phoenix's Warmth

The animation as a whole is very nice, and each frame appears to be fully detailed. I'm quite impressed, and I love that fire animation.

Amaruuk responds:

Thank you!

Concept art 2015 1 23 Concept art 2015 1 23

As I've said, I'm quite a fan of this piece. It's also a nice seen for me to look on to try to conceptualize atmosphere for certain scenes in my stories.

I think Newgrounds was breaking excessively long text (like links) to make wrapping work well. But now it looks like links wrap fine without the need to be broken. Make sure to add the http:// to make text convert to a hyperlink.

SkillSkillFiretruck responds:

thanks!. atmosphere has a lot to do with how it all feels. People remember how things feel quite deeply.